Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Post You've Been Waiting For...

I know that many of you have givin up on my actually posting anything, ever. Since I posted a couple of weeks ago I haven't had a chance to post again things have been a little crazy for us. As I mentioned last time, the long awaited career oppurtunity for Stephen finally arrived and he has been very busy with that, and I have been able to see him on the weekends, thank goodness, not to mention last wednesday and tomorrow evening which are rareties, and not to be expected to happen often in the future. Wednesday visits that is, not the weekends. I've been busy too, although my busy has been more passive, and not anything really active. If you are wondering what the heck I'm talking about I'll tell you, I'M PREGNANT. After 6 months it's finally happened, although when I think about it, it was really meant to happen when it did. I can't imagine being further along in the pregnancy when we moved, it would have been very difficult. The last 2.5 weeks have been a little hellish, but I haven't thrown-up for 2 days and I'm feeling well enough to at least post about it so...there ya go. Other than my trying to take it easy I've also been dealing with taking care of James. Some of you know and some of you don't, James has had some delays in different developemental areas and for several months was getting help from Kids on the Move which is a center in Utah that helps kids with delays catch up to where they are suppose to be developementally. We, or I should say I, had some minor concerns with James having some possible signs of Autism, but they, KOTM, told me they didn't think he had it, and that he had other things that they could help him with. They work with children until the age of 3 and then they transfer them over to the local school district, which at that time was the Alpine School District. I went to the tests not sure if he would qualify. Not only did he qualify, but with the four different series of tests offered by different people in different rooms each group said they saw some sure signs of Autism. They recomended that I get an official diagnosis from a professional, which I haven't had the oppurtunity to do so yet. Hopefully my morning sickness in this pregnancy will be shorter so I can get the mountain of things done that I need to. With the move to California we are currently in the process of trying to see if we qualify out here for the special preschool, which I really hope we do, especially since he completely qualified for it out in Utah. But, we had to move, and I'm glad we did for the job oppurtunity, but I've heard that CA is a lot more bureaucratic so we'll see how it goes. That's kind of a quick description of our life the past couple of months. I had a friend tell me that she's missed my sewing posts, and wonders if I do it anymore. Before getting pregnant I was very busy sewing, as usual. Here is something I made two months ago, fabulous blue pants and the top was a long tank that I cut and used the bottom for sleeves, and there are lots more from months ago that I need to show pics of, so hopefully I will get around to posting them soon.

5 comments:

Megan said...

Yay! So glad to see you posting again--I check every day. Though I know feeling sick makes it hard to do ANYTHING. I haven't been sick myself but I have a whopping case of perpetual heartburn that makes laying down a questionable venture. And pregnancy makes it hard to muster up energy for ANYTHING. I'm typing this on my bed while my girls cavort in the pillow/comforter "dragon fort" I made on the bed that they then pushed off onto the floor and...yeah. I'm not fixing it. Too much leaning over.

BTW, we went out he mall the other day (the one in Murray with H&M) and Tamsin kept asking when you were going to show up. Camryn finally said, "They CANT. They moved to CALIFORNIA!" but I'm not sure either girl quite gets that their beloved auntie, uncle, and cousin aren't coming back. Here's to another visit to Grandma's!

Jul said...

Wow, that's a lot all at once! Good luck, congrats on #2 and you are looking fantastic! :) Miss you!

Becca Bell said...

First, I'm so excited that you're pregnant! Congrats!!!
Second, good luck with James and getting into preschool. I hope it all works out.
Third, thanks for the sewing post. I love the color of the pants and the top looks great. I couldn't tell at all that it use to be a tank top.
Fourth, we really miss you guys!! I hope the CHP goes well for Stephen and I hope you survive morning sickness!!

Unknown said...

Hooray for good news bits! I hope all the preschool stuff goes well. And good luck with pregnancy, you are amazing!

linda said...

We are so happy to have you with us. You and Stephen are both amazing in your good attitudes, despite the difficult challenges you have right now. We love you guys!