Thursday, June 24, 2010

What's new?

Hurray!! Finally. James is a crawler!!! He crawled , like a real crawl, once at 9 months, but after that he didn't do it again. We kept working on it and finally the day before his 10 month mark he did it and stuck with it, and he's been a speed demon ever since. Here he is:


Other tidbits of information: The Sunday that James turned 10 months was my last day of pumping. Hurray! I had originally wanted to go to 12 months, (because that's how long I had planned on breastfeeding him before he was born) but the more James become mobile the more difficult it became, plus the cruise kind of threw off my schedule; plus, I wanted to really start losing weight. I don't know why, but for some reason the woman in my family cannot diet when we're producing milk. To be honest, I used to think that was just something my sisters said as an excuse to eat what they wanted without feeling guilty. Then I tried it (dieting) somewhere after Thanksgiving and before Christmas, and my supply went way down. I started drinking more water, but still nothing. Then when I was in the mother's lounge at church I overheard this one woman that was nursing her baby complain about how she couldn't diet, or even eat reasonably healthy because her milk would dry up really fast and her baby would be so fussy and hungry. So, I stopped trying to diet, and just ate what I wanted, when I was hungry, and it went up again. Plus, because I pumped it was soo much easier to see the visible difference between when I would eat small/normal portions, or even a salad, and when I would eat a good lumber-mill-man-sized portions. That's how much I would have to eat. It was so crazy, especially since there are lots of woman that can just eat normally when they are breastfeeding. After eating Ice Cream I was like the Dairy Queen.
Other news, we're moving. Ever since Stephen's work moved him to Sales and gave him Salary instead of hourly he was working from 8-5. Right when traffic is at it's peak. He would spend 1-1.5 hours on the road everyday, plus he would have to workout every day for over an hour to try and prepare himself for if he makes the CHP. Finally, I got fed up with never seeing him, so we decided to start looking at places closer to his work. Despite the fact that he gets Salary, it's still not a whole lot of money. Lucky for us we found a place less than a mile from his work called Mayflower Harbor. It's one of those limited income housing complexes. In other words, it's one of the projects. But it looks really nice and safe, and the first month's rent is free and it has a kiddy playground. Not to mention a big playground across the street. The best part is that we'll get to spend more time together, and even eat lunch together everyday. Another plus is that we'll live closer to Karl and Megan and company. The downside is, THERE IS NOTHING IN LEHI, UTAH. Literally. American Fork is close enough, and it has lots of restaurants, etc, it's only 5 minutes away. But still... there's nothing in Lehi. Except Thanksgiving Point and Cabella's. Stephen is way exicted about that, that's a man's candyland. But I'll be further from Joanns. SAD FACE. :( The closest one is in Draper. But... since we are so close to Stephen's work, he's going to ride his bike and I can have the car. Everyday. A luxury I've never had, and which will be especially nice in the winter time. Originally we were going to move at the end of July, but Stephen's work is sending him to Dallas, TX for a week. I'll be alone. Then the day after he gets back they're sending him to Las Vegas, NV, and I think one other place later in the summer. SAD SAD FACE!! With him being gone so much I'm still trying to decide when to have James' Birthday Party, since the weekend before we're going to Idaho/Washingon for the Brinton Reunion. hmmmm...
Other news, we have a treadmill. Hurray! My papa-in-law found it for $15 at a garage sale, after my gripping that he always found the things I wanted for way cheap, sometimes free. Now I can have a way to keep my excerising up during the wintertime. Last month I forgot to mention that my neice Emma Rose Brinton turned 8 on May 7th, and I forgot to wish her a Happy Birthday. (She's the oldest, w/ the red hat) She got baptized on her birthday as well, HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMMA, and CONGRATULATIONS!!! Also, this month my was my neice Camryn Karen Taylor's birthday. If you're on the Taylor side you already know, but here are some pictures and video's we took at that happy event. Happy Birthday again. This is the dress I made her, though you can't see it very well in the pix.

Here's the kiddies playing together. It's kind of funny. Camryn is sharing her blocks, picking which ones she wants James to play with and which ones she'd like to keep for her to play with. Ironically enough James wants the ones she has, and not the ones she's giving him. hehehe.
So, sorry this blog was so long. Just wanted to catch up on everything.

3 comments:

Megan said...

I just read somewhere (on BabyCenter, I think) that for many women, losing weight during breastfeeding is actually HARDER because your body is geared toward holding onto those calories to make milk. What a kick in the bum, huh? You may find it much easier now that James is done nursing. WHEW! (I'm so not looking forward to another year of nursing...unless it goes better than last time!)

I love those pics and videos--it was so cute to watch James play with Camryn. Even though she wouldn't share!

Unknown said...

When is Stephen going to be in Dallas? Because we'd love to see him. We'll be up in Utah for the 4th of July. Will you guys be around? Can we come say hi!?
I can't do serious exercising while breastfeeding either. Bummer...kind of.

Sarah said...

Look at him go! I am so excited to see you all soon! I am feeling totally unprepared to join the ranks of motherhood. I don't know how you do it! But I guess having such a cutie makes it a little easier!