About three weeks ago Jo-anns had one of there frequent 50% off clearance sales. I am a total junkie for those sales. While there I came across some really cool swimsuit fabric, two actually and I bought them both. Here is the first one that I made. It didn't turn out exactly how I had hoped, but it was my first time making a swimsuit, I didn't have a pattern, so considering those things I'm pretty happy with it. The support in the front isn't that great, I'm still deciding how I'm going to fix it. Plus there's a smal stain on it, I had meant to cut the top part around it, but forgot and then cut out the fabric. The stain is right on my chest. Maybe some bleach can take care of that.
I wanted a sort of tankini because one peices drive me nuts. I always have to go to the bathroom for some reason the minute I get in the pool. Taking a wet one peice off is a pain in the butt. I wanted the bottm to be shorts because I always wear shorts when I go swimming anyways. I'm hoping that the next one will work out a little better. It cost me a total of $4.50 to make this swimsuit. I really like it, although it does admittedly kind of remind me of this...
hahaha...ahem, I still like it.
And here are some pixs of James with an olive on his finger.