Thursday, June 4, 2009

Taylor fun

This last weekend we had family visit...again. But this time it was on the Taylor side. Stephen's older brother Karl, his lovely wife Megan,



and their little bundle of joy Camryn came to visit us.



Coincidentally the day they came I got sick, as usual. I always seem to get sick at the most inopportune times. Like when I got mono right before our wedding, or that sudden fever two days before leaving for Ecuador. Luckily I got better (if not a little) so that I could spend at least some time with them as well. Saturday we went over to Karl's (and Stephen's friend) Craig's house and met up with some of their other friends, and wives as well. Good times. Then we played host and hostess Sunday evening and Karl, Megan, Camryn, and Megan's twin sister Katie and her husband Kenny came over. We ate, watched The Onion News Network, and laughed. For those of you who don't know what the ONN is, you have to check it out, it is hilarious. Especially the boy scout clip about breast cancer awareness, but I'll let you look that up. Karl and Megan brought with them this movie called "The Happiest Baby on the Block."



Something that they used to help them with their little bundle of joy, and have lent to us to have the same luck as them. It gives useful advice on how to calm a crying baby and help them to sleep longer. We'll have to use it for an FHE activity. Thanks you guys!

P.S. Sorry that there aren't a lot of posts, but I hate posting things without pictures. I'm sure we'll get another digital camera someday. :S
And by the way those pictures above aren't from this weekend, I stole them from their blog so you could see which of Stephen's brothers I was talking about.

3 comments:

Megan said...

I asked Karl what his favorite part of our visit was, and he said, "Well, I liked this and that and this and that, but...I think my favorite bit was hanging out with Steve and Melinda." You guys are loved!

P.S. I'm sick, too, but I'm 99% sure I caught it on the plane and not from you because I don't have a cough! I DO sound like a crusty 80-year-old chain smoker, but without the cough. So you're not to worry!

Unknown said...

My brother and sister-in-law gave me the book. It was really good and I liked all of the ideas in it. Now hopefully I'll remember them!

Sarah B Heath said...

I had the book not the DVD but I lived by it those early months. I had a very rigid formula for putting Scarlett to sleep...I would swaddle her, either put her in her swing or rock her in a chair with her tummy against mine, stick a pacifier in her mouth and either say shhh or play music to put her to sleep. Works perfectly. I had a family social worker tell me that she'd never seen someone calm a baby so fast as me!!! The number one trick that I learned from Emily-who nurses at the Children's hospital here in Portland, is to vigorously bounce a fussy baby. It instantly calms. The fussier they are, the harder you bounce. No joke.