Thursday, July 22, 2010

Cousins Camp 2010

What is Cousin’s Camp? Basically it’s a family reunion on my side of the family that we do once a year to see everyone, have fun, spend quality time together, and allow the cousin’s time to spend together. It was such a blast this year, but then again it was a blast the last time we went, which was 2 years ago. (Last year we couldn’t go because I was to close to my due date.) We left Tuesday evening, stayed the night in Idaho Falls, and then continued the drive on Wednesday, arriving around 5 at my parents. The drive isn’t too bad; it was about 10 hrs, not including stops. We were the second ones to arrive. Mindy had already arrived with her kids a few days before us. Megan had come to drop off her kids and then return later on Thursday. Aaron and company arrived Wednesday night late, with my brother Jeff from Seattle. Wednesday we had fun in the backyard, which is huge (my parents have never had a backyard this big) setting up a slip n’ slide, having waterballons, etc. My parents also bought this huge playground thing for the kids to play on. Everyone else arrived Thursday in time to go to dinner at a pizza place for Charlotte’s Birthday. She turned 4! Happy Birthday!!! Then we went back home for presents, cake and ice cream. Friday was crazy! We went to this amusement/water park 15 minutes away called Silverwood; so much fun! We (the Heaths and Taylors) camped next to the toddler pool with our toddlers and switched off watching the kids and going down slides. We all got a little burned; I thought we’d put lots of sunblock on. The problem was we forgot to reapply. Opps. Then we went to the buffet. Yum-yum. You did not see me eating salads. Nope, it’s all about the pulled pork my friends. After dinner we went to the rides part of the park. Stephen took Haley and Brinton on all the rides us sane people with full stomachs wouldn’t go on. All in all it was a fantabulous day. Saturday we all kind of lounged about. We were so exhausted from the day before. Plus, I got James’ cold, so I actually woke up sick. Then we had an early birthday party for James Saturday evening. KFC and cupcakes; which I totally thought he would chow down, but he mostly poked at it taking a few bites here and there. I tell you this kid does not like to eat. All I have to say is… he didn’t get it from me. Then that night we had a campfire and roasted marshmallows around this campfire pit my parents had made in their backyard. Sunday we came home, and very reluctantly I might add. I cried on Monday and told Stephen that I wanted to go back to Cousin’s Camp; despite that fact that there were 26 of us in a 5 bedroom, 3 bathroom home. It might sound crowded and a bit overwhelming, but we (all of my siblings) have very much grown up and are past our petty years. There were a few squabbles among the grandkids, but all in all a great time. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Brinton!!!! We love you!!!

P.S. When James opened up this tiny fire truck that we got him his cousin, Elly kept trying to say fire truck, but instead was saying fire sucks. haha! Indeed it does. Then when we tried to record her saying it, she said it right. :D

P.P.S. More pics of James Birthday Party to come as well as videos, I just have to figure out how to get them from my phone to my computer. Any suggestions.

1 comment:

linda said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time. I'm glad that James had fun with his cousins. Family reunions are the best!