Sunday, November 15, 2009

A Rose in Winter


Fall seems to be officially coming to a close. It makes me sad, Fall is actually my favorite season. I don't really have a favorite holiday, but Fall is my favorite season. It has the most special occasions. My birthday, my anniversary, Halloween, and Thanksgiving. On Friday the Taylor Clan, along with the Taylor Von Trapp (did I spell that right?) decided to appease the snow gods by singing all 25 verses of "Walkin' in a Winter Wonderland". What? There aren't 25 versus you say? Well then some of us invented new ones. Apparently they were appeased because come Saturday we had our first snow storm, although most of the evidence has been devoured by the sun by now. Yesterday I was able to indulge my theatrical side (which has been starving for quite some time) by going to see our stake perform Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.





It was free of course, so that was nice. They actually did a pretty good job. I really wish I could have been in it. It's really ironic but I had been thinking almost a year ago how fun it would be if our stake did a musical, in fact, this exact one. Too bad they decided to do it right after James was born. Later that evening I made dinner for the Harmons and took it over to their place to see their new baby. Here he and the happy parents are.


Chris just got an accounting job in Price, UT so they will be moving soon. Now we are officially the only ones still in Provo. I loved going to school here, but I'm ready to move on now. I hope we get something soon. Keep your fingers crossed!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I want to know all 25 verses! Ben and I were sad we were moving when we found out they were doing Joseph. I would have loved to do it! OH well, maybe someday I'll be in a stake where they will call us to do that...

Megan said...

So cool!!! I'm glad you liked the play (and I wish I could have seen it, too!) And I can see a little bit of both mommy and daddy in Leighton's face! What a sweet little guy.

linda said...

Congratulations again to Chris and Valerie on their new baby and new job. But I don't think that you should despair about being left behind in Provo. Things will work out for you guys as well. Just look at the bright side; at least you have a secure place to be until the right job opportunity comes along...