Friday, December 4, 2009

New Stats


James had his 4 month appointment yesterday, but he couldn't get his shots because they accidentally scheduled his shots to soon to when he had his last ones. We were still able to do the rest of his checkup though. It's always fun to see how fast your baby's growing; however, I was a little sad. At his last check-up he was in the 90% and 80% percentile. This time it was less, and I guess I was sad because I'm worried that he'll have the short Brinton genes from my side. (oh please oh please don't let him be a hobbit like me.:D) Anyway, here they are: 17 lbs (65% percentile for weight, well technically he was .5 ounces less than 17, so I rounded up. Side note, his cousin Scarlett weighed 16 pounds when she was 10 months, so by the time he's one they might be the same size and perfect little playmates), 26 inches (75% percentile for height), and 44cm. for his head (75% percentile). What's he doing now? He is seriously on the verge of crawling. Lately he's been lifting his bum high in the air and then letting it down whilst kicking his legs furiously), he grabs on to things a lot, he laughs a lot, he sticks his hand in my mouth because I pretend that I'm eating it and that makes him laugh, he is also on the verge of rolling over, he's gotten much better at sitting up, he blows spit bubbles, does lots of trills/raspberries with his lips, still goes "mamamama" (not like a toddler saying mom, he's just experimenting with a new sound he's discovered, plus he only does this when he's really upset 'cause he knows it gets our attention.) and he's wearing 6-9 month clothing. Hope that's everything, here he is at 4 months:

Stop trying to impress the lady-babies with your unbuttoned footie pajamas!

The cutest baby boy in the world! (and yes I can say that...I'm his mother!)



For some reason James reminds me of the turtle from "The Neverending Story" in this picture...

6 comments:

Mandi said...

so cute ;) It's great that he is growing so fast ;) I wouldn't be too worried about the percentiles though ;) I mean it's not like he's really low ;) My son in less than 10 in everything except head circumference. ;) So, it could be a lot worse hehe

linda said...

What sweet, darling pictures. He looks perfect in every way. I can't wait to see you guys!

linda said...

I also have to add the fact that all of my babies said "mamamama" when they were complaining about something, but when they were happy they said "dadadada." It never seemed fair...

Sarah B Heath said...

Scrumptious little guy! His little face is adorable! I am seeing more of our side in him, but he looks more like Stephen. And Scarlett I believe is 24 pounds now, almost 2years, so she's chunked up. But she's tall for her age. I wouldn't say the Brinton males are short...Aaron is but Jeff's tall and Dad and Caleb are average. Not like they're Gary Coleman short...just sayin'.

Sarah said...

You are totally right! He is ADORABLE!

And you are right on about the turtle...but just in that one picture. I can't wait to meet him in person!

Unknown said...

Okay, he's much bigger than Ellie. She's 5 months and probably 14 lbs and 25 in. I don't think James will be a hobbit, there's enough of Stephen in there! He's ridiculously adorable by the way!