Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Forest Nymph Dress



I made this dress for Christmas, and had the intention of wearing it to the Taylor Christmas party for when Linda came out, but I didn't finish it in time. However, I did finish it in time for Christmas Day, so I wore it at Karl and Megan's. I had tried it on to see what alterations it still needed, and at the the same time I was thinking of a name for it; "Smoked Mistletoe" no no...hmmm...just then Stephen walked in and said, "Hey you look like a forest nymph in that dress." So... voila, that's how I named it. (However, I personally think I look like a walrus that stole the dress in an attempt to impersonate a forest nymph.) Do you like? I wore it to church and got a nice complement. When I told the girl I made it she said it looked like I had bought it from Gap. Here I am wearing it with James' spit up on the sleeve.

Here's another. Please ignore the tummy bulg. I would have taken better pix of me in the dress, but I'm sick, again, and am not in the mood to play model.


On a different note December was a good month. Despite the fact that we stayed here, we still got to see lots of family. My parents and Stephen's came out the week before Christmas. We spent Christmas Day with Karl and Megan, as well as the next day. The day after Christmas Sarah, Micheal, and Colin came out, so we spent a lot of time with them having fun, eating dinner, and playing games. And then my sister Megan came out with her family to see us for a couple hours. So we didn't really feel all that alone. Stephen took some pictures of the Taylor Christmas Dinner. Here we are eating too much and getting fat. :D Enjoy.




This one is actually of Christmas day. *tsk*tsk* Megan! Getting plastered...on Martinellis.

I love this one of the little cuzes.

4 comments:

linda said...

Thanks for all of pictures. It was fun to relive the good times with you. And I think that your dress looks great!

Becky said...

I love the neck line. It looks great!

Unknown said...

The dress is very cute. And James looks pretty clean compared to when Ellie gets going on her cereal. I also have a goal to get to my wedding weight...we'll see...

Sarah B Heath said...

You look pretty in these photos! Green is my favorite color, and the dress is flattering. Foxy mama!