Sunday, April 24, 2011

Christ Lives!!!


Happy Easter Everyone!!! This is an amazing time of the year to think about our Savior and everything he has done for us. Stephen and I teach a Primary class at church (basically Sunday School for children) to the 5-6 year olds. As I was preparing my lesson I realized that I haven't thought a whole lot about the resurrection this month. This guy during church gave a talk and during the talk he retold a story by President Thomas S. Monson. President Monson told this story about 2 years ago during General Conference about this boy who struggled with cancer (I believe) and had undergone several different treatments. Well the last treatment he underwent he was laying in the hospital bed exhausted, and his dad thought he was sleeping. So, he says to him basically how bad he feels that he has had such a rough life, but that he hoped despite all his hardships that he hadn't lost his faith in Jesus Christ. At that instant the boy bolted up in his bed with a very stern look on his face and said "NEVER!" Not so long after that the boy passed away. I hope I can be like that. No matter what hardships come in my life and/or trials that I will always remain strong and firm in my testimony of Jesus Christ. I know he lives and I love him.

1 comment:

linda said...

I love this time of year, when spring reminds us of new life and the promise of everlasting life that we have through the Savior. I feel sad when I see so many people rejecting the added blessings of the atonement that allow us to repent and be freed from the burdens of sin. Why do people choose misery instead of the eternal joy that Christ promises?