Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Empress' New Clothes

As mentioned before, some of my maternity clothes don't fit anymore. Pants are especially out. (I just don't like anything touching my belly) So last Friday, May 8th, after going out to dinner with my parents at Costa Vida, (a less crouded version of Cafe Rio), Stephen and I headed over to Ross. When they say dress for less, they really mean it. I was never really into Ross, but my sister in law Becky converted me. It's a good place to go, especially if you constantly are out-growing your maternity clothes, but don't have the money to constantly be upgrading your wardrobe. I got 2 skirts for $10 each and 5 shirts that all ranged between $5.49 and $6.50. Here are the Empress' new clothes (no worries; they are more tangible than the Emperor's New Clothes)




Here is me modeling one of my outfits.

I got this jacket over a year ago at the BYU Bookstore 90% off sale. I got it because it was on sale for about $2.50, but it was too big for me. My sister Sarah was pregnant at the time, and I was going to send it to her as a gift, but forgot. Now I'm pregnant, and it fits me perfectly! Plus, look at the hat. Can you believe I got it for $1 at the dollar store?
Not bad, huh?

Just call me Mrs. bargain shopper. :)

5 comments:

Megan said...

I LOVE THEM!!! So much cuter than some of the stuff I had--a few tops my mom bought me had fussy little bows on them. I don't know WHAT I was thinking at the time--I should have gone to a few more stores. :)

Becky said...

Fun stuff! I just bought two shirts at a garage sale Saturday that Jeff should be bringing up for you tomorrow. I hope you like them, but if you don't please don't feel obligated to wear them. One was $1 and the other was 50 cents so no biggie if they are not your thing.

linda said...

Becky and I put our heads together and created an experimental maternity dress for you that may or may not work as intended. Let's just say that I got a little carried away with shirring using my newly found elastic bobbin thread. Think shrinky-dink...

Sarah B Heath said...

Are the tops maternity or just roomy for a pregnant belly? And of course you look cute in black and white!

A Wink and a Smile said...

I found the tops in the maternity section, but the skirts weren't maternity, just bigger.